We’re a little it later than usual for our monthly update. This is because we have been busy filming for the next series of Video Bible Talks from the book of Colossians.
Here is a quick run through of the latest happenings and goings-on with the work of Video Bible Talks.
Even though we were told that there was a 6-7 week delay on processing applications, we received an initial response from the commission asking some follow up questions of clarification (apparently, according to our solicitors, the particular agent assigned to our case in well known for asking lots of questions!). We submitted our responses straight away and are now back playing the waiting game.
Establishing Video Bible Talks as a charity is a major milestone in our work, as it would unlock further funding possibilities with grant-awarding bodies, as well as add an additional 25% to any giving received from UK tax payers.
The next series: Colossians
Filming for the next series began at the end of July and has continued into August, with principal photography (all the filming involving Dave Cornes, the presenter) being completed yesterday, Sunday 12th August.
In addition to two straight days filming in our pop-up green screen studio, we also filmed in a total of 9 separate locations, including a Garlic farm on the Isle of Wight, a cinema, a private swimming pool, and an outdoor gym.
The Colossians series is an 8-video series, which makes it the biggest Video Bible Talks project to-date. Once completed, it will bring the total number of Video Bible Talks videos up to 18 videos (3 complete Bible teaching series and 1 stand-alone Christmas video).
One of the things that we would love to see happen in the coming weeks and months is for 1 or 2 (or more) churches to adopt Video Bible Talks as ministry partners.
Video Bible Talks is a digital ministry (not a business). As such, we depend on the financial support of kind and generous people and churches who share our passion for preaching and teaching the Bible faithfully and want to join us in providing such preaching and teaching via digital video in local church ministries, youth ministries and small groups regardless of their context and financial situation.
Video Bible Talks statistics
Linked to this, lots of people ask us questions about how Video Bible Talks is being received, how many churches are using them, etc. Once the Colossians series is completed (estimated completion date is September-October 2018), I’ll look to create a page on the website that provides this sort of information. For now, here is a quick summary of our key statistics.
Video uptake and usage
Number of churches using Video Bible Talks: 80 (approx*)
Number of video downloads in the last month: 14
Total number of video downloads: 239
Number of video views in the last month: 384
Total video views: 3,434
* This is based on the number of church users registered on the Video Bible Talks website in order to download the videos and leader guides. The actual number of churches using Video Bible Talks videos in other ways without the user guide may be higher.
So, with the above in mind, please pray for the following…
Things to give thanks for…
- Give thanks for the privilege it is to serve the LORD and bless the church through the work of Video Bible talks and the other ministries we are working on.
- Give thanks for all the ways that people and churches are using Video Bible Talks videos so far.
- Give thanks for the LORD’s provision for the work of Video Bible Talks.
Things to pray for…
- Please pray that the Charity Commission would accept and approve our application without any further questions or delays.
- Pray for editing of the Colossians series of Video Bible Talks to go smoothly and efficiently.
- Pray for 1 or 2 churches to adopt Video Bible Talks as ministry partners, and for an increase in the number of regular monthly supporters to give us a more stable financial basis each month.