Here in the UK, September brings a new academic year and so lots of things are changing, moving on, etc. As you will see in this month’s update, we hope and pray that September will bring about some significant changes in our ministry of Video Bible Talks, too.
So, without further ado, here is a quick run through of the latest updates with the work of Video Bible Talks.
Despite the Charity Commission’s estimate of a 6-7 week delay in processing applications, our application to establish Video Bible Talks as a registered charity still has not been fully processed (as far as we know). This is now 2-3 weeks overdue from the original estimate given to us back in June.
As we have mentioned in previous updates, establishing Video Bible Talks as a charity would make a significant difference to the work of Video Bible Talks, and so this matter is our top priority in prayer.
We have contacted our solicitors requesting an update and hope to hear something later on this week.
The next series: Colossians
With the exception of a few pickup shots and b-roll footage, filming for the third series of Video Bible Talks from the book of Colossians finished towards the end of August. Now the long process of editing and finalising the videos begins and the videos will be available from 1st October.
To whet your appetite, here is a trailer video for the forthcoming series.
At this early stage of establishing and developing Video Bible Talks, we have zero money for publicity. Therefore, we rely on people such as yourselves to spread the word about these videos and our ministry to bring Bible teaching into youth groups, small groups and other ministries.
With that in mind, why not do one of the following…
- Share the blog post about the new series, which also has the trailer video included in the blog post itself.
- Share the trailer video on Facebook.
- Tweet a link to the trailer video on YouTube or Vimeo.
- Like the video on Instagram.
Speaking of Instagram…
Video Bible Talks on Instagram
Instagram is fast becoming one of the main social media platforms being used by young people and young adults today. For this reason, we have set up an Instagram account for Video Bible Talks in order to further connect with young people, ministry group leaders, parents, church leaders and others who might prefer to use Instagram rather than more established platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter.
If you are on Instagram, click here to view and follow our Video Bible Talks profile.
So, with the above in mind, please pray for the following…
Things to give thanks for…
- Give thanks for the completion of filming for the Colossians series of Video Bible Talks.
- Give thanks for the handful of new churches and individuals that signup each week to begin using Video Bible Talks videos in their churches and youth/small group ministries.
- Give thanks for the LORD’s continuing provision for the work of Video Bible Talks.
Things to pray for…
- Please pray for patience and a dependence on God in prayer as we wait for the Charity Commission to respond to our application. Pray that they would accept and approve our application without any further delays.
- Pray for the editing of the Colossians series of Video Bible Talks to go smoothly and efficiently, and that as the videos begin to be available from the 1st October that they would be well received and useful in groups and ministries up and down the UK as well as around the world.
- Pray for an increase in regular supporters who would be willing to commit to giving £5 or £10 per month to support the work of Video Bible Talks.