Happy Fireworks day! Remember, remember the 5th of November: gunpowder, treason and… this month’s update from Video Bible Talks.
In this update:
- Our application with the Charity Commission
- An update on the Colossians series
- A boost to our monthly giving
- A summary of things to pray for
The other trustees and I are continue to actively pray for our application to the Charity Commission, which still has not been fully processed. We have had a holding email from the Charity Commission apologising for the delay and assuring us that our application will be looked at soon.
We pray on, fully trusting in the fact that the LORD will provide all that we need, in his good timing.
Editing work continues on the new series from Colossians. Two out of the eight videos are now available to watch or download. The work has been slower than expected, partially due to the ongoing tension of not being fully funded each month and thereby having to seek out additional work to make up the difference, but also because there have been a number of pick-up shots (shots you need that are identified in during the editing process) that have been hard to film. For instance, I was hoping to film a couple of expectant mothers… but they have both now had their babies before I could film them (congratulations on the safe arrival of both little ones, by the way!)!
Thankfully, although the release process might be linear, the editing process is not. And so, while I have been waiting on one or two shots in order to release the third video, I have been able to get on with editing the rest of the series. As a result, the whole series is about 90% edited and ready to go. Once these difficult-to-track-down shots are in the can, the videos should come through thick and fast.
We give great thanks and praise for a significant boost in the monthly giving we receive during October. A couple of new people have signed up to support us each month by a significant amount each month, which has boosted the amount we raise each month from 25% to over 50%!
So, a big thank you to those of you who have committed to supporting us regularly or have given a one-off donation in the past!
So, with the above in mind, please pray for the following…
Things to give thanks for…
- Give thanks that the LORD knows what he is doing with the Charity Comission.
- Give thanks for the recent increase in the number of people giving to the work of Video Bible Talks.
Things to pray for…
- Please pray that the LORD would work so that the Charity Commission would successfully process our application.
- Pray that I might be able to get the required pickup shots needed so that the next videos in the series would be able to be released as soon as possible. Pray for wisdom in planning next year’s production schedule.
- Pray for more regular supporters who would be willing to commit to giving a small amount each month to support the work of Video Bible Talks.