A new academic year (in the UK) and fading memories of summer holidays… time for the September update.
Currently, Video Bible Talks is a bit like a swan: on the surface not much is happening, but look under the water and we’re paddling away like mad. Here is a rundown on what has been happening…
There is a saying which goes something like, ‘all the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry’. Back in July we were aiming to stagger filming of the Exodus and Acts 1-2 series over August and September. However, availability and scheduling conflicts has pushed a lot of filming back and so now we are working on both series at the same time (although I was able to do a fair amount of editing over the summer in place of the filming we had planned). Here’s how things look now…
Video Bible Talks
Exodus: Know the LORD
We have had to push back filming most of the on-location footage to the beginning of September (this week in fact, from the 3rd to the 6th, in fact). However, all was not lost, as I was able to edit together all of the studio sequences instead. Now the location-specific intro/outro and cut-away footage can be slotted in to these edits once we have filmed everything we need.
The change in production schedule for the Exodus series has also allowed me to do quite a bit of work on the scripts for this series from Acts 1-2. Over the next few weeks, I will be drawing up a production and filming plan for this series, hopefully starting filming towards the end of this month.
Video Bible Devotions
We have filmed the first set of Video Bible Devotions videos (about 5 videos, each 3-4 minutes long) and have sent them around to a handful of people to see how well these videos hit the mark for video-based personal devotions. You can expect to see the first set of five 3-minute videos towards the end of September, too.
One last thing…
If you haven’t already taken a look at my behind the scenes video filmed during our trip to Omaha beach back in July, then I would really recommend setting aside time to watch it. It is only 15-minutes long and gives a great insight into what is involved in filming on location, but also what it is like working with yours truly, great presenters and fabulous trustees.
You can watch the video here.
So, with the above in mind, please pray the following…
- Thank you, Heavenly Father, for continuing to provide all that is needed for the ministry of Video Bible Talks to continue and grow. Thank you for all the people who giving to this work, in whatever way they are able.
- Thank you for the two new people who have signed up to give regularly to Video Bible Talks. Thank you for their generosity and kindness in giving financially so that many others around the world can also benefit from using these videos in their ministries and/or churches.
- Thank you that the Word of God is living and active, and that any faithful Bible teaching (whether through Video Bible Talks or not) will produce Gospel ‘fruit’ in the lives of those teaching it and those who hear it and respond in faith.
- Heavenly Father, please bless the 20-30 churches who have been using Video Bible Talks in their groups/ministries since the last update in July. Please would the people in those groups/ministries know Jesus better and either turn to him in repentance and faith or grow in their love and understanding of his grace.
- Please help Alan to manage preparing, writing, filming, and editing of the Exodus and Acts 1-2 series of Video Bible Talks, as well as the first set of Video Bible Devotions videos. In particular, help him to get everything done in good time, despite rescheduling and rearranging lots of these tasks over the summer.
- Please continue to stir up more people to give a regular monthly amount in order to cover the £800 per month that is needed to fully cover the monthly costs of Video Bible Talks.
- Please especially prompt people/churches who do not yet support Video Bible Talks but have already benefited from this ministry themselves. Please would they consider if they have the means to give to this work and so help many others to benefit from this ministry, too.
Our videos are free to use… but sadly, they are not free to make. Which is why we are thankful for people like you who are considering supporting us financially.
We gladly make our videos available for free (here’s an explanation why) and so we depend on people giving to support this work. We appreciate larger one-off gifts very much but we would ask people to consider supporting us with a small amount each month.