It’s been a busy few months with Video Bible Talks. Here’s what has been happening, plus a look ahead to next year…
The Exodus series, titled ‘Know the LORD’ is now finished and available to watch, download and share from the Video Bible Talks website. Each of the six videos in the series can be watched or downloaded separately, or you can access the all the videos in the series via one bundled download.
…and don’t forget, if you want to see what happens when I am filming on location, then this behind the scenes video from filming in Normandy is a must see!
Acts 1-2 series
Most of the location filming for the series ‘The work continues’ from Acts chapters 1-2 is complete, including some sequences filmed in a local secondary school and several sequences filmed using a custom-made footpath sign.
I will be filming the remaining location sequences in January (which are all indoors, thankfully!), as well as all the studio filming, and then editing will begin after that.
Bible Overview series
The first draft of the scripts for the Bible Overview series have been written and the initial planning has begun. The Bible Overview series will be a bit different from a typical Video Bible Talks series, as the videos will be filmed entirely on location around the UK.
Dave Cornes (Youth Minister at St James’ Muswell Hill and one of our trustees) will be presenting this series. We are both really excited about the ideas that we have for the Bible Overview and can’t wait to see this series come together.
Video Bible Devotions
Over the course of this year, I have done a lot of work on the Video Bible Devotions project but, frustratingly, this work has been completely behind the scenes drafting, filming and revising prototype videos. Thankfully, they are taking shape and, with the help and input of people like the guys at Festive UK, this is looking to be quite a significant ministry going forward.
If done right, Video Bible Devotions have the potential to not only serve individuals in their regular personal Bible engagement (often called ‘Bible devotions’ in the US, or ‘quiet times’ here in the UK) but also groups and ministries in contexts where shorter-form teaching videos would help them greatly (such as school or college CUs).
Hence, why I want to get them right from the outset!
Gift Day 2019
On Tuesday 3rd December, we held our very first Video Bible Talks Gift Day. A big ‘thank you’ to everyone that was able to give a little bit extra (or maybe give for the first time) towards the work of Video Bible Talks.
In total, the Gift Day raised £1,986.26, which will really help with funding the Bible Overview series next year.
Would you like to know the impact that Video Bible Talks is having in the UK and around the world?
This nifty infographic gives a quick and simple snapshot of who is using Video Bible Talks and how many people have benefited from having video-based Bible teaching in their groups and ministries since we began back in 2017…
(Click on the image to view/download a higher quality PDF version)
Here are the key prayer points to pray from this update, written in such a way so that you can just get on and pray…
- Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the first year of Video Bible Talks as a registered charity.
- Thank you for the completion of all six videos in the Exodus series.
- Thank you for the recent Gift Day, and for the generosity of those who were able to give extra towards this work.
- Thank you for the groundwork that has been laid this year for Video Bible Devotions.
- Heavenly Father, please continue to provide for Video Bible Talks. In particular, please provide one or two churches to adopt this ministry as a more formal mission and ministry partner organisation.
- Please bless the remaining filming of the Acts 1-2 series as well as the script writing and planning for the Bible Overview series.
- Please would the ideas and plans for Video Bible Devotions come together so that these would begin to be available next year.
- Please continue to prosper the ministry of Video Bible Talks and may your church be strengthened and built up as people hear the Bible proclaimed and respond in faith and obedience to what you say to us in it and through it.
Our videos are free to use… but sadly, they are not free to make. Which is why we are thankful for people like you who are considering supporting us financially.
We gladly make our videos available for free (here’s an explanation why) and so we depend on people giving to support this work. We appreciate larger one-off gifts very much but we would ask people to consider supporting us with a small amount each month.